Reply To: Compliance & Filings

Home / Forums / Do You Wanna Truck? / Compliance & Filings / Reply To: Compliance & Filings

November 20, 2022 at 12:18 am #120


Motor carrier companies that are transporting freight at a gross weight of more than 10,000 pounds, must register with the FMCSA and obtain a USDOT number to operate legally. Your USDOT number is an identification number linked to you and your company. This is used to identify and record any information collected during safety inspections and/or compliance audits for the entirety of your company’s existence. USDOT numbers are non-transferable between individuals, but you can have multiple USDOT numbers as an individual.